If  you are stressing over X-mas here is something cute to read.

Martha Stewart to Erma Bombeck:

Hi Erma,

This perfectly delightful note is being sent on  paper I made myself
to tell you what I have been up to. Since it snowed last night,  I got
up
early and made a sled with old barn wood and a glue gun. I hand painted
it in gold leaf, got out my loom, and made a blanket in peaches and
mauves.

Then to make the sled complete, I made a white horse to pull it from DNA

that I had sitting around in my craft room.

My then, it was time to start making the place mats and napkins for my
20
breakfast  guests . I'm serving the old standard Stewart twelve course
breakfast,
but I'll let you in on a little secrete: I didn't have time to make the
tables and chairs
this morning, so I used the ones I had on  hand.  .
Before I  moved the table into the dining room, I decided to add
just a touch of the holidays. so I repainted the room and pinks and
stenciled stars
on the ceiling.

Then while the homemade bread was rising , I took antique candle molds
and made the dishes (exactly the same shade of pink) to use for
breakfast. these
were made from Hungarian clay, which you can get in almost any Hungarian
craft
store.

Well, I must run. I need to finish the buttonholes on the dress I'm
wearing for breakfast.
I'll get out the sled and drive this note to the post office as soon as
the glue dries on the
envelope I'll be making.

Hope my breakfast guests don't stay too long--- I have 40,000
cranberries to
string with bay leaves before my speaking engagement at noon.

Love, Martha Stewart

P.S. When I made the ribbon for this typewriter, I used 1/8 inch gold
gauze. I soaked the
gauze in a mixture of white grapes and blackberries which grew, picked,
and
crushed last week  just for fun.

Response from Erma Brombeck:

Dear Martha,
I'm writing this on the back of an old shopping list. Pay no attention
to the coffee
and jelly stains.

I'm 20 minutes getting my daughter up for school, packing a lunch with
one hand
on the phone with the dog  pound with the other hand, seems old Ruff
needs bailing out, again.  burnt my arm with the curling iron when I was
trying to make those cute curly fries.
How DO the do that?

Still can't find the scissors   to cut out some snow flakes, tried using
an old disposable
razor..... trashed the table cloth. Tried that cranberry thing, frozen
cranberries mushed up after I defrosted them in the micro wave. Oh, and
don't use Fruity pebbles as a substitute
in that Rice Krispie snowball recipe, unless you happen to like a
disgusting shade that
resembles puke!

The smoke alarm is going off, talk to ya later.

Love, Erma