janet paterson wrote:

> hi all
>
> the 'piece' on michael j. fox tonight on the nbc 20/20 news magazine show
> was a tad on the 'fluffy' side, in my humble opinion,
> to say the very least
>
> for some reason, i had expected to see mjf interviewed
> in a 'personal, in-depth' way by barbara walters
> but i must have misunderstood
>
> 13 ill-informed minutes
> sandwiched in between yet another clinton/starr mudmatch
> and a retrospective look at the jonesville massacre [why?!]
> speaks to me of last-minute-desperation-tv-slot-filling
>
> in a bid to cash in???
> [oh yeah nbc is part of the evil bill empire now isn't it]
> maybe the mjf deal with people magazine is so exclusive
> that nbc were grasping at straws?
>
> if i had known that the mjf piece was to be narrated by
> one of my least favourite tv-news-medical-consultants bob arnott
> i don't think i would have even bothered to watch
> ...ho hum...
> ...back to the ice wars...
>
> now i am really looking forward to the eight page article in people
> it seems that they are the only people
> mjf has spoken to in person
>
> i trust they'll do a better job
>
> your grumpy cyber-sis in greedy-media-land
>
> janet
>
> janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada

--Yes it is fluff and not entirely accurate and Bob Arnot is not my favorite
but it was exposure.  It keeps PD i n the news and people who would tune in
to the Jonestown piece and the Clinton segment but not the PD segment alone
learned something about PD.  Keeping PD in the public conciousness is what
its all about. Remember-  NBC also did the excellent  Subthalamic Stimulator
report just 2 weeks ago.

Charlie

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.
Middleton (Madison), Wisconsin