In a message dated 11/27/98 2:10:53 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 It is too bad that anyone has to have this disease, even someone famous.  I
 believe it is harder on someone famous because now they are in the public
 light. Have to hold up and image. Be strong and don't cry or get upset.
Well,
 in my book, he can do what he needs to do for himself.  He is another victim
 just trying to get by like every one of us.

Gina,

My thoughts are that  he should avoid the "brave boys don't bleed" syndrome.
Non diseased persons love it because by recognizing someone's bravery, they
can feel like they have done something for that person.  Americans love to
emote over how swell or brave someone is.

 It's a lousy disease and although "a happy full life" is possible, it is an
uncomfortable, ongoing, increasing,. inconvenience like nobody without it can
really imagine. PD is a  predator.  It is both  patient and  persistent.  It
becomes ruthless and thorough, but it gets its victims slowly.   The non-PWP
will be  not much impressed  unless we educate them   We must be careful or
being brave can cloud the facts.

Regards,
WHH 55/19