Barbara Mallut =96
 PD
and brain surgery  - Kindly consider getting off your soapbox and the
highhorse you rode in on and speak of what you know or otherwise spare us =
your
opinion!

Yes people have brain surgery, in my case a thalomotomy, even in early mil=
stage PD.  I feel no need to share with you or the list my reasons and ris=
k an
ignorant, spurious attack.   I know I made the right decision for me as do=
es
my family, my 2 neurologists and the neurosurgeon.

As a person in my mid-thirties with PD it=92s hard enough trying to raise =
family, build a career, and just keep doing what I can to keep a positive
outlook and maybe even make the world a better place.

In my opinion, the PD list would be a better place if the whining,
complaining, bitter people started a separate listserv for feeling sorry f=
or
yourselves and for criticizing others.  The rest of us could then concentr=
ate
on information sharing and working constructively to beat the menace PD, n=
ot
PWP or others we choose to pass judgment on.

It=92s hard to believe this started with MJF being judged and criticized b=
y the
very people who should have a pretty good idea what he is going through.  =
So
please keep your opinions to yourself. Didn=92t you mother ever teach you,=
 if
don=92t have something nice to say, don=92t say anything at all?

With apologies for my own soapbox,
Lynda