Lynda..

I'm sorry to have offended you, however, what I posted was meant as a
continuation of the TOPIC, and was MEANT to be directed to the List
group as a whole, as well as to the press, and medical field (I
thought I indicated that in somewhere in the body of my message).

 I can see where you might possibly have thought I referred to you,
because I started my message out with your name, but I QUOTED
Reuters - the giant news reporting agency, and made no reference to
you or anything you said anywhere in the body of my post.

In no way have I ever attempted to put anyone down for having brain
surgery for PD, especially since I've had it myself in the form of a
unilateral pallidotomy.  Like you, I've had PD since my early 30s
(which wasn't quite in the Dark Ages, but close, since I'm 56 now).

Finally, any anger I express towards the news industry and/or the
Parkinson's organizations, and the medical profession has been made
with my eyes open.   I'm certainly not a neophyte in dealing with the
great many frustrating nuances... be they the ever-changing symptoms,
drug side effects, the pain, PD-ignorant physicians, or life-changes,
expectations, and dreams I've been forced to change, modify, or give
up due to this disease.

Like YOU, and other List members, I'm entitled to my own opinions,
thoughts, and feelings about living with Parkinson's,  I'm also
entitled to have thoughts and feelings about the unexpected twists,
the turns, and rocky roads that PD has attempted to cripple my life
with.

SO... with all due respect, Lynda, I plan on continuing to express
that which i feel to be appropriate to this forum (including the
occasional joke or contributing to the little non-PD side-trips that
pop up once in a while, such as the very fun and interesting thread
we had going here about music and songs).

I hope this issue is now resolved, since it has been explained that
my message was not at all actually intentionally directed TO you.

Barb Mallut