Dear Ann,

I know that we should have more on our proposal in to you by now, but
realistically we can't work on it until the Christmas holidays.  We'll
draft something a little more solid then and get it to you  by January.  I
am, as you may realize, a rather free-form sort of presenter, but Chris
will want to be more settled, so he'll be a good influence on me.

by the way, chris will be teaching a course in Shakespeare in May/June and
may have trouble coming to the whole of the conference.  In your
preliminary scheduling, could you put us on the Saturday programme --
unless, of course, you are deluged with proposals and need to drop us
completely!

All the best to you and yours and to all McGill Inkshedders.

Betty