Ivan,
I had started to draft a far more verbose response to your question "What
would you do in my place?"  Early this am, I read Camilla 's eminently
sensible posting and decided I could do no better.  Her two points were mine
as well:

1.   Consider mortgaging your paid off place.  It represents a lot of capital
invested at he going mortgage rate (about 6.4 %, I believe --if you look for
it).  Just sinking this in MSFT (Microsoft) stock would have produced a 300 +
% return on your cash over the past 2 years or so.  Also I believe I am being
conservative in predicting continued strength here.(i.e. buy more today) and

2. Consider strongly the new surgeries --especially the DBS at Emory that was
the subject of the much celebrated 20/20, or rather, dateline.

I'm sure that  Camella and I both want to see you thrive. I hope we haven't
missed something.  At any rate, God bless in making your decision.

Regards,
WHH