On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Laurie Rogers wrote:

> But if he had ONLY been shown the worst thing that could happen to him
> as a person with MS I am afraid that he might have ended it all right
> there.

Exactly my point.

> It is always good to know the most and the least.  That is NOT sugar
> coating, THAT is the truth.

Indeed. AND it is of course vital that we have all the information,
because that empowers us! It's only when we have all the facts that we
can make good decisions about the future.

Another point that I wanted to make by my comment is that it is very
important to make sure that there are some kind of protective net to
catch the newly diagnosed person. Some way to catch that person before
(s)he falls into that first depression, or when (s)he just has reached it.
That is a completely different question, though:

How shall we make the neuros realize that a newly diagnosed person needs
somebody to talk to, who can give support? And, even if the doctor
understands that, he often doesn't inform the patient about support
groups.

/John. (29 years /diagn 28(?) /onset 18)