An article in the Raleigh News and Observer reports that Parkinson's Action
Network's founder Joan Samuelson is going before the Senate Appropriations
Committee today to argue that the ban on federal support for embryo research
should be lifted. Representative Jay Dickey, R-Ark, who sponsored the ban,
is quoted as saying "I feel just as strongly as I ever did that an embryo is
still a life". I wonder two things, does Rep Dickey  support the death
penalty (are people on death row already dead)?, and is an embryo still a
life when there is no effort to keep it alive? Easy questions to ask, hard
to answer........

Bruce McCallum  63/8 yrs