Bob,

> What the h___ is the matter with the
>2 numbers that I have seen here since year 1     xx/zz    xx being present
>age    zz being years of having the disease  or years since diagnosis
>Frankly I think that trying to put in info concerning beginning of the
>disease can only be a wild guess due to the difficulty of accurate
>diagnosis - besides it thoroly confuses my 80 yr old brain cells.
>Bob Anibal   cg for Cecily 78/20

I too preferred the two figure system but during the discussion initiated by
Ivan it became obvious that:

1.   people were using the 2nd figure to report either years since diagnosis
OR years since onset, (in other words without clarification the 2nd number
was already useless) , and

2.   many people were in favour of the 3 number system, and many different
configurations were being used.

Bowing to the inevitable I suggested and started to use the system which
seems to be becoming standard. I suggested that for clarity's sake we
include some letters but that part of my suggestion has not been taken up.

Bob - I hope if nothing else it at least now makes sense.

Dennis

Dennis Greene 49/dx 37/ onset 32

"I am in the hands of the unknown God,
  he is breaking me down to his own oblivion
  to send me forth on a new morning, a new man."
                                                             (D.H. Lawrence)

http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/