At 11:24 1998/12/03 -0800, barb m. wrote:
>For what it's worth. I plan on continuing to use two numbers:  The
>first indicating my age, and the second indicating when I initially
>noticed PD symptoms   Period.

hey barb

whaddya mean 'continuing' !?!
i don't remmber ever seeing you use the 'numbers' !?!

[no criticism intended - just 'rattling your cage!]

i thought about the numbers for some time
before settling on the 'three ages of parkinson's'

when i found myself writing down 51-41-37
i almost did a double-take -
"say, 37 is pretty young, isn't it?"

maybe it's just me
but seeing it in black and white like that so frequently recently
has done something to me in re my awareness
and maybe my further acceptance
of my situation

[maybe this is to do with my going 'seriously' public
i.e. my application for disability?]

i know a lot of us have had difficulty with either
wanting to ignore the symptoms as long as possible
or
getting an accurate diagnosis
so the time delay between the -41- and the -37- [e.g.]
can be of some significance

in my case, the -37- is not at all vague
i distinctly remember how 'unlimber' i felt
when 'trying' to dance at tipitina's in new orleans!

the middle figure -41- , i.e. age when diagnosed,
can be significant given the frequent delays i mention above
since in a lot of cases it marks the beginning of med therapy

just my two cdn cents' worth

janet

ps
in re your publicity opportunities:
you-go-grrrrrl!

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada