Keith-

You are in a good situation with the company being self-insured.  When you reach
the point when your work is being affected it will be in your companies interest
to put you on disability.  Since they are paying your disability benefits too
and it would be the "right" thing to do" they come out ahead or at least  even.

My caution for almost everyone who will be facing the situation of applying for
disability benefits is don't take ANYTHING for granted. There are enough of us
here on the list that in spite of severe disability - have had to fight for our
benefits.

Charlie

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.