Marjorie,

>Does anyone else find it harder to face things,
>or am I just becoming too soft for my own good ,in my dotage?

4 or 5 years ago (7-8 years into diagnosed PD) I wept with my children as we
buried a much loved family cat which had been run over in the road. 28 years
ago as a young man of 21 I took my very sick bitza (i.e. mongrel) to the Vet
to have him put down.  On the way home I had to pull the car over to the
side of the road as I was crying so hard that I could no longer drive.
Surely the death of a loved pet is a legitimate occasion for sorrow - PD or
no PD.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 49/dx 37/ onset 32

"I am in the hands of the unknown God,
  he is breaking me down to his own oblivion
  to send me forth on a new morning, a new man."
                                                             (D.H. Lawrence)

http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/