From: Rob & Janet McDonald jr <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: new to list
Date: Wednesday, December 02, 1998 6:52 AM

Hi

My name is Janet McDonald. I have both a grandfather, father-in-law, and a
aunt-in-law with PD. I have never really heard about this disease until me
father in law was diagnosed 6 years ago. Now my grandfather and aunt in
law(hubby's aunt) was diagnosed earlier this year. They are all in their
late 60's or early 70's.

My father in law in addition to the PD also has arthritis in his ankles and
knees and is not able to move around too much except by wheelchair. He has
everysymptom you can think of that comes with this disease.

My grandfather as I said was diagnosed with PD earlier this year just as my
husband and I moved our family to help take care of my father in law. The
disease is moving quickly through my grandfather. He also has problems with
pneumonia (sp) and is in the hospital constantly. My parents are taking him
to an allergy clinic to see what the problem could  be.

I am so glad that I found this list so that I and both sides of my family
can learn from you experiences to help their own lives be batter.  Thank
you for this.

God Bless you all.
Janet McDonald