In a message dated 11/23/98 11:21:07 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  the problem of limits on outside income? Specifically, is there an
advocacy
 group or person that can offer advice to a family needing exta income and
 having the ability to earn it, but limited by the rules? If so, please send
me
 a phone number so that our member family, which does not have a computer, can
 call for the information. >>

Anne,

I have qualified as a 100% disabled veteran back in '90.  While I didn't find
and may no longer have the telephone number, your local chapters and offices
should be listed in the phone book or available through information
(555-1212).

Since I have already sat on this for a week, I felt that it would be better to
get this off to you than to sit on it until I found the telephone number.

I recently met a guy who works in the VA office that is classified as 100 %
disabled and still draws a paycheck..  I believe that there are no
restrictions on earnings but that an annual  dollar amount ceiling exists.  As
I understand it, after breaking that ceiling, one is called back for a
reappraisal of ones disability.

  To check this out, call or visit such organizations as the Disabled American
Veterans (DAV) or the American Legion.  They have paid staffers and volunteer
workers who do nothing other than help disabled vets.

Regards,
WHH 55/38/37