From: Gerry & Brig Haines <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Tasmar replacement?
Date: Wednesday, December 02, 1998 6:05 AM

In a message dated 12/2/98 12:14:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 According to fairly reliable sources, entacapone will be marketed in
Europe
 as COMTESS and in the US as COMTAN. There is only slight chance that FDA
 approval could come before the middle of next summer.  There are no
reports
 of liver damage from entacapone. I have been taking entacapone for several
 years and, to the best of my knowledge, suffered no ill effects. >>

May I ask, if it is not approved in the US, how you have been taking for
years?
Gerry