At 19:33 1998/12/01 -0500, you wrote:
>I am aware that some internet suppliers allow the use of more than one
>I.D. For example, ROGER's new cablenet service provides 5 ID's and the
>IBM net facility allows 4, all under one main account. Could there be
>therefore an OPTION FOUR, i.e. reserve the messages for the Parkinson's
>Information Exchange by means of a unique ID. ??

hi ken

if that is a possiblity for someone
yes, definitely
[newbie-note:
it's generally intended for use by different members of a family
so that they can have private mail with separate passwords
but still only have one account for billing purposes]

in fact, at one point, i was doing just that with aol:
i had another 'screen name' with a different address,
i.e. [log in to unmask],
where i received the digest version of the list
while i was also receiving the regular version at [log in to unmask]

it means an additional subscription to the pd list, though;
if everybody did this, our list-mom barbara p.
might lose count!

since i started using eudora light again
i find the filtering capabilities much more convenient anyway

i'd finish downloading mail as 'spiker'
and then catch myself sending mail as 'spiker'
and confused myself all to heck!

>P.S. Any chance you might join us at the Westminister Presbyterian
>Church on December 5th for the annual Christmas Party of the Parkinson's
>Society of Ottawa-Carleton?? It would be great to finally meet you after
>your sojourn within hailing distance of  Canada's Capital for the past
>year !!
>Cheers, Ken
>Ken Clements-65 now / 63 dx   < [log in to unmask] > OTTAWA

i'd be delighted
see you there!

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada