This is a fray from which no one who engages in it emerges unscathed.  But
I must say, with the stakes as  high as they are, I cannot conceive of a
"moral" rationale for trashing legally obtained fetal tissue that can
prolong the life of another.

If the abortion is legal, as society can proclaim it to be - and it has -
and if it is not done to provide transplant tissue for a specific
individual - as it cannot be - and if it cannot be done for financial gain
- and under current federal law it cannot be - is it moral, is it ethical,
is it sane, to trash that potentially life sustaining tissue?

The counter, of course, is that to utilize any product of such a heinous
act is totally immoral.  And, that using fetal tissue for any benefical
purpose to society simply encourages more abortions.

Each of us must examine these arguments and reach our own conclusions.  I
believe that trashing life renewing tissue is itself a sin against
humanity.  Others disagree, and I can understand their reasoning. But I
cannot agree with it.  For if their logic should prevail, then does it not
follow that abortions that are now legal must be made illegal?  Indeed,
that they are illegal?  For if the act that delivers the tissue, the
abortion, is not illegal, then what gives anyone the right, moral or legal,
to take this very real hope for a cure to a disease so many share, and
flush it down the drain?

Bob Dolezal