Company Press Release

Boston Life Sciences Broadens Prominent Position in
Development of Diagnostic Agents for Parkinson's
Disease

BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 2, 1998--Boston Life Sciences Inc.
(NASDAQ: BLSI - news) whose compound,
Altropane (TM) is the only diagnostic agent for Parkinson's Disease
currently in active advanced human clinical trials,
announced that it has initiated a preclinical development program for a
newly-synthesized ``second generation''
technetium-based compound (designated O-1506).

This compound differs from Altropane in structure and in the
advantageous substitution of technetium for I123 as the
radio-ligand.

``In both in vitro and in vivo studies, O-1506 appears to demonstrate
selectivity, binding characteristics, and brain striatal
localization that look outstanding relative to all other reported
technetium-based compounds in this class,'' stated Dr. Marc
Lanser, Chief Scientific Officer of BLSI. ``Even as Altropane continues
to perform exceedingly well in our clinical trials, we
believe that the subsequent introduction of a user-friendly,
technetium-based Parkinson's diagnostic product has the potential to
substantially increase the market for these agents, particularly in
early detection of the disease. The ability to eventually follow
Altropane to market, if approved, with a second-generation technetium
product would, in our view, give BLSI a long-term
competitive advantage in this rapidly emerging diagnostic area. While
our priority is to continue to focus on commercialization of
Altropane in the U.S., we plan to develop O-1506 worldwide because of
potentially simpler manufacturing and distribution
considerations,'' added Dr. Lanser.

Contact:

     Boston Life Sciences Inc., Boston
     Marc E. Lanser, MD
     Chief Scientific Officer
     617/425-0200
           or
     Martin E. Janis & Company, Chicago
     Bev Jedynak, 312/943-1100
--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                         ^^^