Barb,

The only problem with the two number system is that no-one agrees what the
2nd number stands for.   Some used it for years since diagnosis, others for
years since first noticing symptoms.   The only advantage of the three
number system is that it contains all three bits of information and everyone
is free to disregard that portion of it which they consider redundant.

Dennis

Dennis Greene 49/dx 37/ onset 32

(Or 49/12 as I used to do it or 49/17 as you used to do it )

"I am in the hands of the unknown God,
  he is breaking me down to his own oblivion
  to send me forth on a new morning, a new man."
                                                             (D.H. Lawrence)

http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/