hi susan

At 18:54 1998/12/01 -0800, you wrote, in part:

>Just to let you know that my mother who has
>been in the hospital with parkinson's is doing
>much better and should be coming home either
>tomorrow or the next day.

this is great news, susan!
is she home yet? give her our cyber-regards!

>The Doctors have been giving her sinemet cr
>and less artane and it seems to be helping a
>lot. There is still some fine tuning to do as
>she is hiking her left shoulder up and down
>rapidly.

some people, like me, can tend to get a bit dyskinetic
[or what i call twitchy]
when on sinemet cr
but what a great improvement from a couple of weeks ago!

how is her 'confusion'?
how did her visit with the psychiatrist go?
were they able to test for dementia?

>Mom has an appointment to see Dr. Calne
>at UBC on the 10th of this month.

wow
this is even greater news

>Does anyone out there have any comments good
>or bad on blister packs? I would like my mom
>not to have to dole out her own pills and as
>she has so many it gets confusing even for me!

i use a plastic pill dispenser box
with multiple compartments for each day and each med
i don't know if this sort of thing would be of any help
considering your mom's arthritis

thanks for keep us up-to-date, susan

your and your mom's cyber-sis

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada