On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Hawkins, Darwin wrote:

> empty by the optimist and pessimist,
> the Engineer would probably respond that the glass is twice the size it
> needs to be.

Naah, my guess is that you're more likely to get that from an economist.
"Hey! Using such a big glass is a waste of good money!
 - Use a small paper cup and then reuse it next time you're thirsty!"

The engineer, though, would bring out pen and paper and calculate the
tremor vs. spill efficiency of the glass-water system, not forgetting to
take into account the viscosity of water at the given temperature.
THEN he might decide that the glass is too big. :)

(Yes, I study at a technical university... ;) )

Hugs to you all!
/John (29/ diag 28(?)/ onset 18)