--------------9DA10FACF170016DEF8235B7

Dear Parkinson's Information Exchangers:

THE GLOBE AND MAIL, which up until the publication of the NATIONAL POST,
was Canada's only national newspaper. On November 26th I circulated a
copy of the Post article on the hot topic of the Michael Fox story. Not
to be outdone, the Globe in their December 1st edition has produced
their own commentary on PD. Included are useful facts and figures on the
incidence of PD in Canada and reference to a recent national poll which
"shows that most people in Canada have heard of Parkinson's disease-but
they misunderstand it, and don't grasp its severity.

There is also an inspiring write-up on an interview with a Christopher
Cooper, a 40-year old Parkie in the tough-guy world of the financial
district in my home-town. ( Toronto ).Cooper adheres to a rigorous
exercise program that includes running, weight-lifting and tai-chi.
The complete text of this 6-page article can be accessed by clicking on
the following web-site:-
< http:/health.theglobeandmail.com/docs/news/19981201/Health/HEPARK.html

Another useful section is a summary of treatments, including the
statement that " for reasons unknown, electro-convulsive therapy--shock
therapy--seems to work to treat symptoms."

I would welcome any feedback on shock therapy treatment, especially any
contacts in the Toronto or Ottawa area.

Cheers,  Ken Clements         < [log in to unmask]

--------------9DA10FACF170016DEF8235B7

<HTML>
Dear Parkinson's Information Exchangers:

<P>THE GLOBE AND MAIL, which up until the publication of the NATIONAL POST,
was Canada's only national newspaper. On November 26th I circulated a copy
of the Post article on the hot topic of the Michael Fox story. Not to be
outdone, the Globe in their December 1st edition has produced their own
commentary on PD. Included are useful facts and figures on the incidence
of PD in Canada and reference to a recent national poll which "shows that
most people in Canada have heard of Parkinson's disease-<B>but they misunderstand
it, and don't grasp its severity.</B>

<P>There is also an inspiring write-up on an interview with a Christopher
Cooper, a 40-year old Parkie in the tough-guy world of the financial district
in my home-town. ( Toronto ).Cooper adheres to a rigorous exercise program
that includes running, weight-lifting and <I>tai-chi.</I>
<BR>The complete text of this 6-page article can be accessed by clicking
on the following web-site:-
<BR><B>&lt; <A HREF="http:/health.theglobeandmail.com/docs/news/19981201/Health/HEPARK.html">http:/health.theglobeandmail.com/docs/news/19981201/Health/HEPARK.html</A>
></B>

<P>Another useful section is a summary of treatments, including the statement
that " for reasons unknown, electro-convulsive therapy--shock therapy--seems
to work to treat symptoms."

<P>I would welcome any feedback on shock therapy treatment, especially
any contacts in the Toronto or Ottawa area.

<P>Cheers,&nbsp; Ken Clements&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
&lt; [log in to unmask]
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------9DA10FACF170016DEF8235B7--