Rick and Barbara and others,
     Let me third that notion that horseback riding is fun and therapeutic.
Part of my theory about treating Parkinsons is to take up something entirely new to you, much like horseback riding has been for me. I think the new activity stimulates an area of the brain that perhaps has somehow escaped the hand of this rotten illness.
     I started in a therapeutic riding program [Hippotherapy in certain circles] back in March of this year and have been ahorse some 30 times.It was interesting in the beginning when I had more difficulty with the horse
[MO] while on the ground then when aboard but I spent several sessions grooming, putting on all his gear, cleaning out his stall; in effect meeting him eyeball to eyeball
    I've worked at balance, getting centered,learning to get some volume into my soft voice and in general learning to relax and enjoy my self
    In the past 3 weeks Mo has had a bad back and has been unable to carry my 180 lbs. We switched to a two person buggy and that has been a blast.
Not only has that given me a good physical workout but I think that it has helped with my vision. In the past couple of months I've noticed that when driving my car I tend to drift to the center line away from the right side of the road. I'm aware while driving the buggy that I have to pay careful attention to the right wheel in order not to cut it too sharply on right handed turns. At any rate my driving has improved.

     So,Happy Trails to You, Till We Meet Again.
          george