I can understand and agree that abortions would be against God's will, as it
is destroying a child He has created.  If it is going to happen anyway, why
not salvage something and save other lives with the embryos that would
otherwise be wasted.  If a person is killed due to an accident caused by an
illegal act, do we not use the organs for transplants?  Hopefully, medical
science will be able to use something other than embryos in the future, but
sending them to an incinerator now does not seem logical.  What about the
death and destruction caused by victims of diseases like Parkinson's, that
could be avoided by a cure, involving the use of the embryos?  If people can
eat eggs, and every animal, bird and fish under the sun, without giving it a
thought, why are they so concerned with this one particular piece of tissue?
As for you vegetarians, how do we know carrots and beans don't have a soul?
If your family were starving, and a hundred dollar bill dropped from the sky
from a nearby gambling establishment, would you burn it, or buy food for your
family?  God works in mysterious ways, and sometimes we must believe He is
trying to tell us things that might not be "in the book".  He gave us a lot of
things including a brain that works to determine what is the right thing to do
as opposed to someone else's opinion of what God would want us to do.  Forgive
me for rambling, but I had to say these things. [log in to unmask]