Muhammad is the "previous celebrity spokesman for the group (NPF)?"  Gosh,
when was he deposed?  Last I read, and heard, he was NPF's knight in
shining armor. And a darned good one, I might say!  When was the coup
d'etat?

I wonder, how many in the Parkinson community would vote for Michael J. Fox
to affiliate, now, with one of the Parkinson organizations, to be used
exclusively by that organization?  How many would vote for him to remain
neutral, at least until he understands the lay of the land, the  politics
of the disease, temporarily at least working for the community at large
rather than affiliating with one organization?

I do not question the value of NPF to the Parkinson's community.  It is an
excellent organization, doing good things.  But it is not alone on that
score.

What I do question are the benefits that will accrue to our community if
Michael J . Fox becomes the exclusive property of one organization, as
opposed to  remaining independent and responding to all proposals on the
basis of their merit rather than their organizational origin.

This is one of the most immportant issues to face the Parkinson community
in the six years I  have been a member.  I doubt that we have much of a
say, but,if we did, how would you vote?

                        Bob Dolezal