The key point is did you have premium waiver on your original term
policy? You can't add premium waiver without new underwriting even if
you convert to a permanent policy. Premium waiver is not automatically
included in any policy. You have to request it, go through medical
underwriting and then pay the higher premium.

I'm afraid this will not be an option for you.

Carl Miller
Atlanta, GA