Carl-

You make too much sense.

A year or 2 ago I posted the same question/idea.  I actually got a phone
call from an attorney representing one of the organizations gently trying to
convince me that it wasn't a good idea. That call convinced me even more
that I was right.  Then the issues regarding the development of the
(patient) alliance came up.  I floated the idea that it could be sponsored
by all the organizations.  That triggered a lot of hard feeling in spite of
overwhelming support by the list.

The issues appear to me to be turf, power and control as well as financial.
I personally would favor a movement to insist that the major groups work out
a merger or if they don't bargain in good faith we boycott-  but if I did
make such a suggestion I likely would get calls from 4 or 5 lawyers!!

Charlie

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.
Middleton (Madison), Wisconsin