Hi list: Here i am on my favorite topic (complaint), the hurdles being placed
in the paths of those blessed few trying to find a cure for Parkinson's.
Protests against using cells that only have life in a petrie dish as being
immoral to use is beyond me.
The ban on federal funding for embyro  research in both the US and Canada,
is the biggest obstacle in the way of a cure. Instead of pouring out millions
of dollars in health costs, for treating  and caring in facilities for PWP,
our two governments should take their heads out of thier asses and throw
some SERIOUS $ into specifically finding a CURE for PD. It seems so
tantalizingly
close yet so infuriatingly far away.
What politicians pay attention to is voters in numbers. If all PWP thier
care givers, relatives etc. were to all vote the same way in any election
based on that candidate or party's stance on Parkinsons related issues,
then we would be a force to be dealt with.
Maybe the answer is in sheer volume, if every person in canada  and the usa
would
write directly  to the prime minister/president, send a fax, e-mail whatever we
could swamp them.
I suggest we come up with a form letter  that could be distributed over the net
and subsequently to all through mailing lists from PD groups. Down loaded and
printed and copied and distributed to all those people who don't have electronic
capabilities. THEN pick a day that will allow timing for those using snail mail
and on that day bombard the men in charge, it would certainly have a significant
impact. Swamp the switchboards, mail service , electronic links. Tell them we're
SICK of Parkinson's and we want action now! Not more pills, a cure!
The letter can be ambigous enough so noone's views will be  misrepresented,
apolitical, but clear on one issue only that we all want something done
IMMEDIATELY.

This is my opinion, for what it's worth.
Thanks for listening.
Bill Harrington    42/29/27