Hey Joan!

I agree with you.  I love country (and I've taken alot of abuse for that),
classical, new age,
big band, jazz, etc.  I was just being a bit obnoxious there, part in fun,
and part to emphasize the age variations that really do exist with pd.  No
offense to anyone, but the first few visits I ever had with my neuro, I felt
like I should be there accompanying my grandmother or something, rather than
being there for myself.  Also, the average age of those in my YOPD support
group which I attended monthly, was still probably about 20 years ahead of
me.  Like I've told people before, ya never see any literature from the
national pd groups or anyone else (altho' gratefully  that is changing),
that gives someone advice on subjects such as "How to tell your prom date
you've got pd", etc.  Most of it's still about how to tell your children and
grandchildren, or say, how to get the most from medicaid, or whatever.

I'm not complaining here, we each have our own perspectives and relevant
concerns, all equally valid,  but I do feel in the minority sometimes,
altho' that feeling too is fading,  as I've had pd now for almost 10 years,
and am now far from my twenties.  Believe it or not, I was at some PD
conference once, and some older gentleman with pd got up to ask/say
something, and one thing he said, which totally floored me, was some comment
about younger people not ever getting pd.  Man, if some of our own have no
clue, no wonder the general public doesn't either.  I admit I count myself
right along with them prior to my forced enlightenment.  Naturally, I had to
reply to his statement and enlighten him also, without being rude.  So, a
few minutes later I got up and asked a question about my reaction to
compazine and its probable role in my getting pd in my twenties, and also
mentioned the book "The Case of the Frozen Addicts."  My point was to, just
by my presence, make the point to him and everyone else in the dark still,
that we too are fortunate enough to get it sometimes.  Shoot, some even get
it way younger than I did.  It's relatively rare, but thanks to toxins,
etc., that is changing.

But, nevertheless, I'm gonna keep on a rockin' and a rollin' forever!
(WTF!)

Wendy Tebay