donna and john:

when i was first diagnosed in nov. 1990, my wife snd i knew little about
parkinson's. my neurologist told me i had parkinson's, gave me a
prescription and told me to schedule an appointment for six month's with
no further explanation. my wife and i were befuddled(isn't parkinsons
something old people get?).

we got a second opinion and were told that i probably had parkinson's,
but that more tests were needed to rule out other diseases. by the time
we finished all of the tests, we were relieved that i "only" had
parkinson's.

my wife and i told our children immediately. we were upbeat about it and
we told them, in effect, that "the glass is half full". we have chosen to
dwell on the positives in our lives. it was well put by scarlett o'hara
when she said "i'll worry about that tomorrow"

given the above perspective, the mjf piece was well done. it is not
"hollywood", it was the way that many of us parkies feel. everyone must
deal with the ravages of parkinson's in their own way. we have chosen the
positive road and to steal a line from robert frost, "that has made all
the difference".