I strongly agree with you.
I have heard several different things about Michael J Fox on this list.
Some of them good some of them down right angry.
Saying that his case is different because he is rich is unfair.
Everyone's case is different.  Some people make it sound like his
shouldn't count because he can afford better care.  No, he will never
have to worry about medical treatment or the rent.  But why should that
make his PD so different?
Diseases don't just hurt the poor.  Yes he can afford the treatments and
the best doctors. But that is no reason to judge him so harshly.  If any
of us could afford the treatments for ourselves and/or our loved ones,
that he can we would.  So since he can why shouldn't he?

Michael J. Fox has always been an upbeat person and because he isn't
totally devasted by being a PWP, nor is his wife, they have received a
lot of criticism.

Because he has hope for a cure, his hope has been ridiculed.  Well,
where is life without hope?

Because he can well afford treatments he has been really criticised.
Should he have waited until he was in the last stages of the disease
before having an operation?  Then maybe it wouldn't have worked as well.
Who know.  But it is his life and his call, and I am thankful that it
worked for him.
By Michael J. Fox having this operation, it might make more people
decide to also try it, or to at least look into it.  It might make the
drs, work on perfecting it even more.  Until someday that it isn't
something only done every now and then and only if you can afford it.
It seems to me that when certain operations are focused on that doctors
have a tendency to work on perfecting them.  By him having th operation
he might have helped it along to being available to more people and at a
better cost..  I hope so anyway.

So he has a job that he can ask them not to focus on his hands.  That
doesn't mean that the individuals around him don't see his hands shake.
Those are the people he works with, and he can't hide from them, we are
only the people who enjoy his movies. So he probably experiences the
same embarrassment and frustration as does any PWP at work.

He is an individual with an individual case of PD.  He is a PWP but also
an actor with an image.  He looks at life as something great, not
something doomed.  What is wrong with that?
Laurie

=