Hi Will,

Before you buy this device, you might want to wait until NPF comes out with
their exercise book this or next month. Also, We of the NPF, Arizona
Chapter, will be putting on a workshop on exercise for PWP. There is a very
good tape from the West Los Angeles YWCA and the UCLA Movement Disorder
Program that Mary Yost posted on. I have found that the use of Dyna-Bands
or Therabands to be the most friendly and most cost effective, less than $
9.00 for a package of Bands, three different resistances, along with a
booklet of suggested exercises. We have also looked at a pillow like device
called a "Disk Sit". This emulates the top of the balance ball, but is
placed on a chair. We suggest the use of a hard seat chair with arms, this
allows for balancing activities without the use of a spotter. We found
sources for all this, and I would be willing to share such with you. We
have a number of Physical Therapist with family ties to PD that will be
helping us with our program. O, yes the ADA is stimulating a lot of
interest in community resources being developed to aid folks with
disabilities. So if you would like more information, please contact me off
list.