Thank you to all the folk who were kind enough to visit our web site at
http://www.bec.net.au/~cwpdg/

This site is now closing down, as the ISP (Internet Service Provider) will
soon be no more.

BUT!  We have a brand new site on
http://www.lisp.com.au/~cwpdweb/

Both the previous site and the new one were made possible by the generosity
of
Mayor of Parkes, NSW, Australia, Mr. Robert Wilson, who sponsored them both.

Thank you to those kind folk who e-mailed me with constructive suggestions
for change.  The original site design was a project undertaken by a student
of mine as a diploma credit two years ago.

Trends and fashions have changed since then, and web design has (generally)
entered a morerestrained, less exuberant style.

But more importantly, I have learnt the requirements of my target audience,
namely:
1. Larger print
2. BLACK print, on a light background  (almost white, except for the PD logo
"watermark").
3. A design that will work on most web browsers, even "text only" ones.
4. Easier navigation through the site.

There are still a few improvements to be made, "dead" links to be removed,
etc.

In addition, I will now be able to make the site interactive, in terms of a
"bulletin board", where callers can leave, read, and reply to messages.

Again, thanks to those who visited the old site; now, please visit the new
one <grin>, and tell me what you think of that.

Jim Slattery 15/3
Webmaster
Central West PD Web
http://www.lisp.com.au/~cwpdweb/