Dear Laurie,
I cant give you any medical information or advice. All I can do is tell you
that my sister-in-law had a similar experience a couple of years ago ( in her
late thirties or early forties). She became very confused.  could not remember
who 0r where she was, nor did she recognize her children or her husband. She
was told she had had a "mini-stroke" or  TIA. That a blood  blockage had
occurred in a small blood vessel in her brain - ie a stroke ', but a very
small one. She was told she would need some sort of anti-coagulant, and since
then has taken one aspirin a day - and is healthy and happy again, with no
sign of any permanent damage Hope that helps you
Hilary Blue