In a message dated 12/6/98 6:45:43 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
      we are not the average joe or jane on the street

      we and the people we care about
      have been through and are still going through
      a test by fire

      at times we need to share what we are really feeling
      because this may be our only outlet

      this may be the only group we have access to
      who might understand

      being a family doesn't mean 'happy days'
      being a family doesn't necessarily mean being 'polite'
      being a family doesn't mean we're 'on the prowl' or 'lookin fer luv'

      it means facing ups and downs together for the long haul
      knowing that we can just be us, no act, no pretense
      knowing we're not alone

On the other hand, even discounting the differences in our physical
affliction, you gotta know that we feel like, and often react much like short-
term manic- depressives.  You have noticed this with your pills, right.  This
is a good reason not to post anything the day you write it.  It usually takes
at least that long for most people to fall out of love with their prose.  I
have always found it amazing that the college prof's criticism of my writing
got better over the course of several days.  Meanwhile my prose got dumber.
Sometimes, overnight produces much needed insight.  No I haven't followed my
own advice here, However, it isn't the first time I thought of it either.

Regards,
WHH 55/38/37