On Friday, I received a letter from Senator Bill Frist (Rep., TN)  in response
to an e-mail I had sent him earlier.  In the letter, Senator Frist states:
"Our nation's investment in biomedical research must remain one of our highest
priorities in the federal government, and I have been working with my Senate
colleagues to increase federal dollars for research at the National Institutes
for Health (NIH)."   Senator Frist states further: "I serve as Chairman of the
Senate Labor and Human Resources Subcommittee on Public Health and Safety
which has jurisdiction over the research prohgrams of the NIH.  It is in this
capacity that I hold hearings to examine the research priority setting process
at the NIH to ensure we are funding the best scientific proposals across the
country as we increase the NIH budget."

Looks like Senator Frist is a very key player in the fetal tissue research
debate.  I will contact my senator again to thank him for his support and to
ask him to please consider lifting the current ban - at least for
circumstances he can support in good conscience.  I urge you, fellow list
members, to thank Senator Frist and to contact your own representatives.  You
can't underestimate how influential this type of involvement can be.

Keith Chancey 46/14 months,,,,yes, today's my birthday for you observant
cyber-siblings
Memphis, TN