In a message dated 12/6/98 10:50:41 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 Does anyone else find it harder to face things,
 or am I just becoming too soft for my own good ,in my dotage?

Dear Librarian friend Margorie,
We know that PD "enhances" emotions.  Jerry Finch and I, neither of whom used
to weep openly have found it impossible to hold back -In my case for at least
19 years now.  Dogs is nice critters and I think your feelings in loosing your
wiener dog are  not exceptional.  We raise miniature poodles and recently sold
one to a little girl.  Lucky was the middle individual of a five puppy litter.
He was born feet first and got his head stuck  in the birth canal  I had to
both maneuver him and pull him out.
His Apgar scores at 1 and 5 minutes were both zero , but he came around.  Not
only did he survive, he thrived.  While his extended birth hypoxia doubtless
lowered his  IQ some,  one couldn't call him a dumb puppy.  Well due to
veterinary malpractice , he died right after he and his new owner had bonded
.Virginia and everyone else was heart broken.  I really felt lousy for some
time.  I don't feel over it yet and it has  been five months.  I know whereof
I speak when I say.  You are not unusual or alone in hurting over your pup.

Regards,
WHH 55/38/37