Leta, I was one person who brought up the fact that MJF will have less problem
with PD because he has money.  Having money will not make PD a good thing, but
NOT having it can make it much worse.  My father had to have 24 hour care, and
mom did as much as she could herself, to care for him, but could not do
everything.  Despite having Medicare and insurance from AARP, the $8-10 an
hour for hired caregivers, the medications, and supplies, made it a constant
challenge to meet the expenses.  If my father had lived another year or two,
it would have taken everything they had saved and invested in nearly 57 years
of marriage, PLUS Social Security, to pay the bills.  My mother would not
accept financial help from me or my sisters, or her brother.  She said she
would do that only if and when she had to.  If money had been no problem my
father could have had 24 hour care and more comfort.  My mother almost killed
herself trying to lift him, and turn him over during the night.  Dad was lucky
to have the care she gave him.  Look at Ivan, who has to accept what he can
get to pay caregivers as little as one dollar an hour, when he can find them.
Money would certainly make his quality of life much better.  I am a fan of MJF
and admire his courage and willingness to fight Parkinson's, not only for
himself, but for others.  He could have just dropped out of sight, and worked
behind the scenes, rather than as an actor, or maybe even retired.  If he
wants to align himself with any or all of the PD organizations, that will be
his choice.  I would hope he would not be offended if he were aware of all
that is being said about him on this list, as I don't think there has been
anything that was meant to hurt him.  I hope he can be cured with all the
other PWPs long before he turns 50!  [log in to unmask]