Hi
I've read your list for over a year and have grown to think of you all as
family.  I'm hoping someone can help me.  My Mom has had a cousin of
Parkinson's (cbgd) for several years and has just moved to an assisted
living facility. Her movement is several limited and she has been receiving
occupation, speech and visiting nurse care provided by Medicare.

Saturday, I took her out in the wheelchair to the mall to see the Christmas
sites and enjoy the season.  This morning I was notified that the visiting
nurse called Medicare and discontinued her services because I took her out.
They are claiming it means she is no longer "home bound" and therefore not
eligible.  Is anyone familiar with this?  Do they really expect that a
person would never leave the house, especially during the holidays?  How can
there be any quality to life?

If anyone can help me or point me to where I can clarify this, I would
really appreciate it.  She can not maintain without these services, but I
don't want to keep her locked in either.
Thanks
Robin