When they signed on for Medicare home care
>they SHOULD have warned you about the "home bound" status that is required
>by law. When Peter had a few weeks of home care paid by Medicare last year,
>we were strictly cautioned about this, and told that it was OK to take him,
>say, to our daughter's for a visit, but no eating out, movies, anything
>"recreational"etc

I know that there have been changes in Medicare/Medicaid benefits as well as
limitations in home health care, however I'm shocked by what has been
written on this subject.  It seems to me that all of us should be forwarding
these posts to our Senators and Congressmen.  I think they will be as
appalled by the limitation in care described here as the rest of us.
-----
Regards
Mary Ann Ryan RN