Charlie,
I always look forward to your input because I see you as one of the most
knowledgible people on our list.  Wish I were an attorney so that I could be
more specific because it is my definite understanding that there have been
numerous court cases surrounding the medication issue and SSI.  The result was
that a patient cannot be compelled to take medication.  He or she has the
right to be seen at his or her worst.  Perhaps one of our five national
organizations could speak to this.

Now, as a special educator or emotionally impaired children I can tell you
that parents cannot be compelled to medicate children no matter how difficult
it gets for a public school.

So I'm wondering if this holds true in the private sector.  What do you think,
Charlie?

Sincerely,
Barb Brock