Bonnie,
I am just a little younger than your dad, 63/2, and I have always walked
a lot but am having some difficulty keeping it up.due to assorted
things, pain, age and PD possibly. But I have found that riding an
exercise bike does not put the strain on the old knees and feet and back
that walking does. So I highly reccomend using the bike/ But even better
is swimming.If there is any way your dad can swim (in a heated pool)
then he should do it. After s soak in a hot tub and 30 minutes swimming
or walking in the water I feel really good. And if I do have to stop
walking outside some time in the future, I hope to continue the other
exercises.

Lanier Maddux      Chattanooga Tenn.