Hello all: on page B3 (the entire page minus the adds!) of the Sunday
Peoria Journal Star runs a story today entitled "Girl's sweet mission
leads to starring role". It tells the story of 6 yr. old Abbey Wood of
Grand Ridge, Il. who raised more than $150 last spring & summer by
selling cookies & lemonaid in her neighborhood. The money she sent to
the American Parkinson's Assoc. was accompanied by letters appealing for
help for her  grandfather (Ken Boseman, 63, of Dwight, IL) who has PD.
They caught the attention of association officials who decided to use
her story in a public service announcement. This story brings home
everything we have talked about: how PD affects so many people in so
many ways! The story gets  a 5 kleenex rating and was picked up from the
Ottawa
Daily Times by reporter Robyn Frendling. It's quite a wonderful piece &
if I can get my new scanner to work I'll try scan it for those who
e-mail me. I have to tell you tho, that it won't be until after
Christmas. Bye for now & let's keep working on getting the word out!

--
---
Joan Snyder  (47/10/8) <[log in to unmask]>   Peoria,IL