Bonnie,

The thing about exercise bicycles is that they can be a pain in the
butt -- literally.  Comfort would be for me the #1 criterion.  For
some reason, many of the seats do not have the right padding and/or
do not conform to the shape of the human bottom, at least to mine.
You can buy supplementary padding, but that may not make it better.
When shopping, you don't necessarily feel the discomfort that you
might feel after actual use. I would suggest that your father try out
a likely candidate for the longest time period he might actually
exercise with it, and even repeat this another day or two before the
final purchase decision. I learned the hard way, and I was sore at
having bought a model that never sat well with me.

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
age 60/dx 1990