Robin,  Is there a social worker with the hospital or who works as an
advocate for seniors in your mom's community?  I think the visiting nurse
is taking the homebound definition to specifically.  When my elderly mom
was hospitalized in May 97 and then needed home health care when released
to the home, the hospital social worker discussed w/dad and I that even
though the eligibility said she must be homebound, that didn't mean she
couldn't geet out occasionally and go to store, to my home, etc.
        I'd appeal to a social worker for the elderly...check w/hospital, senior
center, etc.  Someone with that type of position might speak to the
visiting nurse for your mom.

Jeanette Fuhr 48/47/44?