Medicare, Medicaid, Nursing Home staff, bureaucracy.....I do not know
quite how to advise you, Robin, but my instinct is to contact a lawyer or
legal aid and tell the nurse that she is limiting your mom's freedom of
movement beyond any normal standard of reasonableness. I think that
nurses like that should be reprimanded for invading your privacy and your
basic right to take your mom to wherever you want to take her.
Tell the directors of the assisted living center that you wish to file a
complaint, and want to have a different visiting nurse assigned to your
mom!
Ivan
 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses   46   deg. F   :-)