Marjorie - I know how it feels to lose someone you love and is part of the
family.
The trait of a doxie is that he/she feels as part of the family.  We have lost
two
doxies in ou r married lives.  We now have two standard, red, long haired
doxies.
brother and sister, named Myles and Corky from Murphy show.  They are three
yrs old.  They give us a lot of love and we give it back with a chewy or two.
They
love to be among people - they are definitely not a watch dog, but they can
bark
as one.  I know there is another doxie out there  just waiting for you.  Edie