Barbara:  I'd like your help -- and the help of every one on the
listserv --  in organizing a SIGNIFICANT PD media event.

On Thursday, February 25 and Friday, February 26, 1998, the "Mr.
Long-Term Care" web site will host "The 1999 Parkinson's Disease Forum."
an online primer on PD that includes the latest funding and research
update, interviews and live chat lines.

The forum will feature interviews with President Jimmy Carter, Dr.
William Langston, and other notable celebrities. (President Carter
called me at my home on 11/16 for the interview; and yesterday I spent
an hour on the phone with Dr. J. William Langston, author of the best
seller The Frozen Addicts. and founder and current President of The
Parkinson's Institute in Sunnyvale CA - the world's largest PD research
center.

I have also spoken on three occasions to Michael Fox's publicist in
Beverly Hills. Michael's not a "definite" yet, but I believe we've got a
good shot at his participation.

IMPORTANT: We will likely get a great deal of media attention! I have
already been in touch with a number of prominent newspaper editors and
publishers in four countries, and there is a significant amount of
interest. There is even a good chance of getting live radio and
television coverage

We are at a **critical** fork in the PD road.   Dr. Langston told me
yesterday that there are a number of treatment protocols on the horizon
that hold the promise of a PD cure. But he also said that for every
research project he's currently involved with, there are nine others he
could be doing --  IF he had the research funds. And we all know what
generates specific-disease research funding: (1) Advocacy;  (2)
Activism; and (3) Generous quantities of publicity.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?  First, it would be immensely helpful if one or two
individuals on the list would volunteer their time to act as
"coordinators" for all the others on the list who wish to help.
My current responsibilities as President of the Board of Directors of
the National Long-Term Care Policy Institute, Inc., and editor/publisher
of five different print and electronic journals do not allow me the
luxury of doing this "full-time."  In short, I'll need a lot of help if
we're going to pull this off.

My Email address is [log in to unmask]  and my phone is 518-383-5989

Let's roll up our sleeves and get to work.  Martin Bayne  48/4

Martin K. Bayne
Editor & Publisher "Mr. Long-Term Care"
http://www.mrltc.com

Executive Editor, "Long-Term Care Review"
Published by Red Spring Communications, Inc.
http://www.mr-longtermcare.com/ltc/ltc_review.html

Editor, "LTC E-News"
http://www.mr-longtermcare.com/ltc/subscribe_enews.html

Editor, "Retired Living"
http://www.retiredliving.com

Co-founder, National Long-Term Care Policy Institute, Inc.
Email:  [log in to unmask]

Tel: 518-383-5989
Fax: 518-371-1418
Address: 151-A Eastwood Dr.