Barb:  Darn!  I've been home for two days with a sinus infection and other
ugly stuff and could have watched... Congratulations on your appearance.

Carole Cassidy

-----Original Message-----
From: Barb_MSN [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 1998 4:53 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject: PD on the Leeza Show

Dear List-family.....

FYI....I was one of several Parkies interviewed on the Leeza Show
today about living with the disease after getting it at a relatively
young age.  Leeza is a nationally syndicated  daily TV program/.

While the overall experience was fun,  I was told to keep it upbeat
and positive so the "young people" wouldn't be scared..

I have no idea WHICH "young people" were being referred to - those in
the audience, or possibly younger Parkies who might see the program.

Either way, much to my chagrin, I DID "keep it upbeat and positive,"
and while the "young people" prolly saw nothing threatening in my
comments,
I must admit that I sure felt hamstrung and frustrated in not being
able to speak without restraint.

This is yet another media event which grew out of interest in the
original Michael J. Fox article in People Magazine a coupla weeks
ago,

Thanks for the shot in the arm, vis a vis bringing Parkinson's
awareness from the shadows and into the light, Mike.

Barb Mallut (thinkin' about getting an publicity agent) <grin>
barb_msn@email,msn.com